The GIS Center provides customized map production, data processing and spatial analysis services. Our PhD and MS level faculty and staff are highly trained in a wide variety of geospatial data management, processing and analysis tasks.These for example may include:
- Generation of point data based on the GPS or address the customer provides;
- Generation of polygon or line features based on CAD files or digitized information;
- Digitization and/or scanning of printed maps;
- Conversion of scanned images into geo-referenced digital files;
- Image enhancement and processing of aerial photos, satellite images, and other remotely sensed datasets;
- Overlay of custom data with existing in-house datasets;
- Spatial analysis, statistics and modeling
- Geospatial technology consultation, infrastructure design, etc.
- Other map publishing services
For custom projects and tasks, please contact email@example.com.
- $100 per hour
- Non-FIU patrons
- $125 per hour
Payments must be made in advance using FIU SmartBilling, or Personal Check or Money Order made out to “Florida International University” with “GIS Center” in the memo field. All Services offered by the FIU GIS Center, including fee-based Services, are for support of FIU Educational and Research activities.
Consulting for Students
Current FIU students may request consulting on research, mapping or data modeling, for up to one hour, free of charge. Consulting services to students cannot include full-scale analysis or map production by GIS Center staff. These consultations are intended to aid students in finding data, homing in on research methods, or executing a particular geospatial tool or workflow. To make a request email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.