FIU students or faculty engaged in GIS/RS-related learning, teaching and research can apply for a GIS Center user account. We offer the following types of user accounts:
- Student Account
Student accounts are assigned to any student who is taking a class in the Lab or needs to do homework or project assignments that are related to GIS or Remote Sensing. When a student registers for a GIS or Remote Sensing course, their FIU account can be used to access the GIS Center’s computing network. Student accounts are generated automatically, based on the class roster.
- Faculty/Staff/Graduate Student Account
Faculty/staff/graduate student accounts are assigned to any faculty/staff or graduate student teaching or doing research using GIS or Remote Sensing techniques.
To request a GIS Center user account, please go to the Division of Information Technology “My Accounts” page at: myaccounts.fiu.edu/
- Log In using either your Panther ID Number or your FIU e-mail Username (without @fiu.edu), and your global FIU “My Accounts” Password.
- In the page that opens, click on the “Request Access” link that appears under “My Access”.
- A new page will open. Click on the link for “GIS Research Faculty/Staff” or for “GIS Student Research”, as appropriate to your status.
- Fill out the request form with your personal information and submit.
- Students requesting access must identify a Faculty Sponsor and provide the Sponsor’s e-mail address. The Faculty Sponsor is then required to approve the Student’s access.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail, telling you that your account has been created and is ready for access.
NOTE: Students who are registered for GIS courses need not request accounts on an individual basis. GIS Center Accounts will be automatically granted based on the class roster.
*All Services offered by the FIU GIS Center, including fee-based Services, are for support of FIU Educational and Research activities.