Students or faculty engaged in GIS/RS/CAD-related learning, teaching and research can apply for a GIS Center account. We offer the following 4 types of user accounts:
Student accounts are assigned to any undergraduate student that is taking a class in the Lab or needs to do homework or project assignments that are related to GIS or Remote Sensing. Users get their own ID and password.
Faculty/Staff/Graduate Student Account
Faculty/staff/graduate accounts are assigned to any faculty or graduate student teaching or doing research using GIS or Remote Sensing techniques. Users get their own ID and password.
To request a GIS Center Account, please go to the Division of Information Technology "My Accounts" Log In page at: myaccounts.fiu.edu/
- Log In using either your Panther ID Number or your FIU e-mail Username (without @fiu.edu), and your global FIU "My Accounts" Password.
- In the page that opens, click on the "Request Access" link that appears under "My Access".
- A new page will open. Click on the link for "GIS Research Faculty/Staff" or for "GIS Student Research", as appropriate to your status.
- Fill out the request form with your personal information and submit.
- Students requesting access must identify a Faculty Sponsor and provide the Sponsor's e-mail address. The Faculty Sponsor is then required to approve the Student's access.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail, telling you that your account has been created and is ready for access.
NOTE: Students who are registered for GIS courses need not request accounts on an individual basis. GIS Center Accounts will be automatically granted based on the course's class roster.
ONE guest account is available for general, temporary use; for information retrieval, simple GIS/RS/CAD or image processing tasks; available to all FIU students and faculty.
25 training accounts are available for those who attend GIS-related workshops and library bibliographic instruction.
*All Services offered by the FIU GIS Center, including fee-based Services, are for support of FIU Educational and Research activities.