Collaboration on grants and contracts with many of the FIU departments and other institutions:
- Web-GIS application and tool development for transportation planning and routing
- Geo-spatial web for digital archives and humanities
- Development of knowledge management systems in support of collaborative projects
- Remote sensing in ecological applications related to detection of vegetation, scaling and change detection of vegetation dynamics
- Remote sensing in support of probabilistic disaster risk assessment
Hosting of FIU GIS courses in our state-of-the-art teaching and research laboratories:
- Labs are used for instruction related to GIS, remote sensing, and spatial & statistical analysis.
- Specialized GIS and remote sensing software programs such as ArcGIS, ENVI are provided for classroom teaching.
- Most of the GIS and remote sensing courses required for completion of FIU’s GIS Certificate Program.
- Both fee-based and free workshops for FIU and its community.
Services and consultation provided for FIU students, faculty:
- Data analysis and spatial modeling
- Digitization and scanning of printed maps and images
- Custom map production